LDA Consultant Membership
LDA Members may apply for LDA endorsed certification as LDA ConsultantMembers to provide private tuition to students with learning difficulties, to join the LDA Group Insurance Plan, and to register for the LDA Online Tutor Search - which directs requests for private tuition to LDA Consultant Teachers whose areas of expertise match the learning needs of the student.
LDA Consultant Membership is only available to valid LDA Members who are qualified teachers, experienced in the area of teaching students with learning difficulties, and who must also have post-graduate university qualifications in this area. Students are generally within the average range of intelligence
LDA Consultant Members receive all LDA Membership benefits, including two issues of the LDA Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties and three issues of the LDA Bulletin annually, plus online access to back issues of these publications, as well as reduced rates for LDA workshops, seminars and conferences. In Victoria, the Consultants' Committee organises professional learning sessions, and set up a series of network groups to provide opportunities for professional networking and communication between Consultant members located in different areas of Melbourne as well as in regional centres. A Skype network exists for Consultants unable to attend local meetings.
To download an information brochure about LDA Consultant Membership click here.
LDA Consultant Teachers / Tutors teach students with specific learning difficulties, including dyslexia, low progress learners, underachievers, and students at risk of all ages – children, adolescents and adults. LDA Consultant Teachers / Tutors provide one-on-one tuition, educational assessments, consultancy and support to parents, carers and teachers, and program development consultancy. LDA Consultant Teachers / Tutors may work in private offices, schools, public places, e.g. local library, or the student’s home.
Applicants for LDA Consultant Membership must have:
- Current financial membership of LDA – click here to join LDA
- Post Graduate university qualifications in the area of learning difficulties and at least three years teaching experience in a recognised teaching institution, with a focus on learning difficulties
- Applications for their LDA Consultant Membership examined by the LDA Consultants’ Committee Panel.
LDA Consultant Members:
- May register with the LDA Online Tutor Search (OTS) as certified LDA Consultant Teachers – click here for details.
- Using the Online Tutor Service and who teach privately must have Public Liability and Personal Indemnity Insurance.
- Are eligible to participate in the LDA Group Insurance scheme - click here for details.
- Using the Online Tutor Search Service and who teach privately must submit current substantiation of suitability for working with children, such as a police check
- Pay an extra Consultant membership fee to cover associated administrative costs – click here membership fees
- Who register for the LDA Online Tutor Search pay a joining and then annual fee of $100. For further information about the Online Tutor Search click here To register for the OTS, click here
- Are required to show evidence annually of ongoing Professional Development - click here . To see LDA Professional Development Conferences, Seminars and Workshops, click here
- Maintain personal and secure LDA Consultant Member Profile - click here for details
- Must submit a review of required professional learning activities when renewing membership. This process can be accomplished online within the online membership renewal or, downloaded at: https://www.ldaustralia.org/consultant-pd-forms.html
Apply for LDA Consultant Membership:
- Applicants must be familiar with the LDA Code of Ethics and Consultant Guidelines. To download the LDA Code of Ethics click here and the LDA Consultant Guidelines, click here.
- To obtain a list of all requirements to apply for Consultant Membership click here.
- To apply for LDA Consultant Membership online click here. For help in completing the form, click here
- To download a Consultant Application form (for postal applications only) click here
- Upon confirmation of LDA Consultant Membership certification, including payment of fees and evidence of private insurance, each tutor will be provided with access to log into their secure LDA Online Tutor Profile to provide and maintain contact details and areas of specialisation enabling the match of LDA Consultants to the particular needs of clients with learning difficulties. The online Tutor Profile also allows registered Online Tutor Search Consultants to opt in, or out, of the OTS system at any time depending on their availability.
LDA Consultant Members can renew their annual Consultant Membership and OTS registration online.
- Renewing Consultants can click here to see all Consultant Renewal Forms
- Log in to the members only section and click on Consultant Renew.
- For a step-by-step HELP Guide through the process click here
Thinking of applying for consultant membership and need to chat? Email email@example.com