Find a Specialist Teacher Consultant/Tutor here
Who are LDA Consultant Members?
LDA Consultant Members are specialist teachers who provide:
- One-on-one tutition to students with specific learning difficulties
- Support for students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, for low progress learners and students at risk of all ages
- Support for students who struggle with reading, writing, spelling, maths and study skills
- Educational assessments and develope individualised lintervention programs
- Consultancy and support to parents, carers and teachers
- Program development consultancy
LDA Consultant Teachers / Tutors may work in private offices, schools, public places, e.g. local library, or the student’s home.
Become an LDA Consultant Member
Join and enjoy:
- Certification by LDA as having the appropriate qualifications, skills and experience in evidence-based approaches to learning difficulties
- Registration with Online Tutor Search service (optional)
- Membership of an LDA Consulant Network for collegiate support and ongoing professional learning
What is needed for Consultant Membership?
- Current membership of LDA – click here to join
- Post graduate university qualifications with a focus on learning difficulties
- Current teacher registration
- A minimum of three years teaching in a recognised teaching institution
- Working with Children card (may be included in teacher registration)
- Evidence of recent professional learning specific to LD with a strong evidence-base
- Submission of an application with a case study
Apply for Consultant Membership
- To obtain a list of all requirements to apply for Consultant Membership click here.
- To apply for LDA Consultant Membership online click here
- To download a Consultant Application form (for postal applications only) click here
- Applications are considered by a Consultant Committee Panel
- Online interviews are required
- An application fee of $55 is payable
Upon confirmation of LDA Consultant Membership certification, including payment of fees and evidence of private insurance, members will be given access to log in to their secure LDA Online Tutor Profile where contact details and areas of specialisation can be added so LDA Consultants can be matched to the OTS user needs. The online Tutor Profile also allows registered Online Tutor Search Consultants to opt in, or out, of the OTS system at any time depending on their availability.
Current Consultant Members:
Thinking of applying for consultant membership and need to chat? Email firstname.lastname@example.org