Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is ‘reasonably identifiable’ – including photographs of people where they are identifiable. LDA will only collect personal information by consent, for a stated purpose, and when reasonably necessary for LDA’s function or activities, or related to the purpose or objects stated in LDA’s Constitution such as may be required for membership application and renewal, the distribution of publications, professional development, and Consultant services.
Use of personal information collected by LDA:
- may include your title, name, address, and contact details (such as telephone number, or email);
- may also include evidence of your education authority teacher registration, police certification for working with children, public liability and personal indemnity insurance, academic qualification(s), work experience and professional development records, and personal teaching methods;
- will not be used or disclosed for any reason other than the primary purpose for which it was collected, including to an offshore location, without consent and provided voluntarily
- may be accessed by an individual to ensure its accuracy – such as by members via LDA’s individual website member profiles, which requires login access for privacy and assurance;
- will as far as is possible, be securely maintained to prevent misuse, unauthorised access, modification, or loss,
- will further be protected by confidentiality and privacy agreements with employees, volunteers and/or others who may have access to personal information.
Navigation and ClickStream Data
Browsing any web site generates a trail of pages visited and the time spent displaying each page, which is useful in the continual evaluation of the site. In the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs. This does not identify individual users.
The information contained on this site has been electronically published by Learning Difficulties of Australia to assist public knowledge and disseminate information to our members. Where information has been prepared by or contributed by authors external to the organisation, readers should contact the author(s), and conduct their own enquiries, before making use of that information.
Information accessed by hyperlinks to sites external to this site may be incorrect, misleading or not verifiable. Learning Difficulties of Australia disclaims all responsibility in respect of information obtained by use of all hyperlinks from our site.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site are owned by Learning Difficulties of Australia You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following basis:
- use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal use only;
- any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
- no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way;
- graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text;
- the Learning Difficulties of Australia copyright notice must appear in all copies;
- no part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other Web site or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without Learning Difficulties of Australia written consent.