LDA will confer an annual award known as the Rosemary Carter Award in recognition of Rosemary Carter’s enormous contribution to the association we now know as LDA, to the education of young, struggling students, and to the wise and valuable support she provided to parents and to colleagues over many decades.
The award will be for an outstanding Consultant Member who has contributed to the field of learning difficulties through work with students, their advocacy for students and their families, and through education of the wider community. An important criterion will be demonstrable efforts to address equity issues by making their services more accessible to disadvantaged families.
The award is open to all current Consultant Members of LDA.
A committee of three Consultant Members will consider all nominations and make recommendations to Council, who will make the final decision. If in any year there are no suitable nominations, no award will be given.
Criteria for nomination
Nominees will demonstrate:
Nomination Procedure for the Rosemary Carter Award
Members of LDA are invited to submit nominations
Nominations should be submitted electronically (by email) to email@example.com, with the relevant Award in the subject line.
The nomination should include the following information:
• name and position of nominee, with details of mailing address, email address, and phone number/s
• name and position of nominator/s, with details of mailing address, email address, and phone number/s
• a brief comment on the reason for the nomination, outlining the nominee’s contribution to the field of learning difficulties as a Consultant member of LDA and the particular reason(s) why the nominee is considered to be a worthy recipient of the Award.
• a CV describing the nominee’s work and current and past achievements, to provide supporting evidence of the reason for the nomination as given above.
• any relevant supporting documentation